Mirabox tree

Ezequiel Garcia ezequiel.garcia at free-electrons.com
Tue Jan 22 10:11:00 EST 2013

Hi Michael,

> On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 19:21:12 +0100, Michael Lawson wrote:
>
> > What I found was that the sd card reader is a pretty standard device,
> > root at mirabox-debian:~# lsusb
> > Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
> > Bus 001 Device 003: ID 05e3:0723 Genesys Logic, Inc. GL827L SD/MMC/MS Flash
> > Card Reader
> > Bus 001 Device 004: ID 05e3:0723 Genesys Logic, Inc. GL827L SD/MMC/MS Flash
> > Card Reader
> > Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101 TERMINUS TECHNOLOGY INC. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
> > Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Indeed GL827L controller is USB storage class compliant
(datasheet is publicly avaiable).
This means there's no need for an ad-hoc driver.
All you need to do is pick CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=y.

[snip]

> You need the Armada 370 datasheet, which for now, is only available
> under NDA to selected companies and developers, if I'm correct.
> However, as far as USB support on Armada 370 is concerned, the patch
> series for Ezequiel Garcia that I mentioned earlier is sufficient.
> Then, it is a matter of finding or writing a device driver for the
> Genesys Logic USB device.

As Thomas says, using my posted USB patches is enough to make USB
host controller work. You need these series:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg217028.html

Now, to access your SD card you only need to select CONFIG_USB_STORAGE.

If you need some more assistance, don't hesitate in asking.

Good luck,

--
Ezequiel García, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android Engineering