[RFC v1] PCIe support for the Armada 370 and Armada XP SoCs

Thierry Reding thierry.reding at avionic-design.de
Thu Jan 3 09:39:31 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

Thomas' RFC series incited me to put in some more work on the Tegra PCIe
controller driver. This in turn brought up an old issue: should we move
PCIe controller drivers to some central location rather than keeping
them in machine-specific directories? Last time I brought this up there
was no consensus but I really think there's some value in keeping these
drivers in a common location, especially now that a few people are
starting to work on similar problems. It may also provide some more
momentum to get the various DT implementations factored out of various
architectures.

Stephen proposed drivers/pci/host on IRC and I second that.

Bjorn, is this something you would be on board with?

Thierry