too many timer retries happen when do local timer swtich with broadcast timer

Santosh Shilimkar santosh.shilimkar at ti.com
Thu Feb 21 10:12:53 EST 2013

Thomas,

On Thursday 21 February 2013 07:18 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> Jason,
>
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2013, Jason Liu wrote:
>> 2013/2/21 Thomas Gleixner <tglx at linutronix.de>:
>>> Now your explanation makes sense.
>>>
>>> I have no fast solution for this, but I think that I have an idea how
>>> to fix it. Stay tuned.
>>
>> Thanks Thomas, wait for your fix. :)
>
> find below a completely untested patch, which should address that issue.

After looking at the thread, I tried to see the issue on OMAP and could
see the same issue as Jason.

Your patch fixes the retries on both CPUs on my dual core machine. So
you use my tested by if you need one.
Tested-by: Santosh Shilimkar <santosh.shilimkar at ti.com>

Thanks for the patch.
And thanks to Jason for spotting the issue.

Regards,
Santosh