[RFC/NOT FOR MERGING 2/3] serial: omap: remove hwmod dependency

Peter De Schrijver pdeschrijver at nvidia.com
Thu Feb 21 05:16:03 EST 2013

> Also, IMHO reset should always be done during probe() so driver can be
> dead sure that we're starting from a known state. This is even more

Depends on the IP block. Eg: you might want to keep the screen showing the
contents drawn by the bootloader while booting the kernel and smoothly
change to a new image when userspace comes online. In that case you probably
don't want to blindly reset the display controller for example.

Cheers,

Peter.