ARM big-endian on current kernels for linux-3.8

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Feb 13 04:48:54 EST 2013

Dear Ben Dooks,

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:25:40 +0000, Ben Dooks wrote:

> > I've tested your patch set on Armada XP. The kernel boots fine, but it
> > fails to bring up the secondary CPUs:
>
> Yes, missed updating the coherency_ll.S patch.
>
> Attached new patch

Thanks. Your patch did not build, because ARM_BE() isn't defined
anywhere in coherency_ll.S. I've fixed this by using an ifdef
CONFIG_CPU_BE8_BOOT_LE (updated patch attached), and now the secondary
CPUs boot fine.

That said, I still haven't fixed my userspace, so I could only verify
that the kernel boots, not more.

Thanks!

Thomas
--