Cortex-A15 MM patches

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Wed Feb 13 03:41:17 EST 2013

Hi Catalin, Hi All,

I would like to enquire about the status of two patches which I believe
were part of TC2 Evaluation Build which uses commit
7d80417ef67d51db15d5e72ac336aa6e0586014f of linaro-tracking.git.

  http://releases.linaro.org/12.10/android/vexpress

1. ARM: LPAE: Invalidate the TLB for module addresses during translation fault

   http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-February/086036.html

2. ARMv7: Do not clean the PTE if coherent page table walk is supported

   http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2011-July/055379.html

As per the links above the patches have been posted upstream some time ago.
In the case of the first patch an alternate approach was discussed.

   http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-February/086147.html

However, I do not see these changes upstream as of next-20120212.
I am wondering if an alternate approach has been taken upstream
or if these patches are still required upstream.

Thanks