[PATCH v3 0/2] Add automatic bus number support for i2c busses with device tree
dianders at chromium.org
Mon Feb 11 19:48:03 EST 2013
This was suggested by Mark Brown in response to a patch for adding
this functionality only for the s3c2410 bus:
I have also modified the i2c-pxa driver to use this new functionality.
The i2c-pxa driver changes have only been compile-tested and are just
for cleanup purposes.
Changes in v3:
- Addressed Wolfram's feedback; rebased atop idr-cleanup series.
Changes in v2:
- No longer tweak pdev->id as per Sylwester Nawrocki.
- No longer add the dev ID to the adap.name. Other drivers don't
include the device ID here and it doesn't make sense with
dynamically (or automatically) allocated IDs.
- Use dev_name(&dev->dev) to register for the IRQ; this matches what
the i2c-s3c2410.c does and handles dynamically allocated IDs.
- This change was only compile-tested (corgi_defconfig), since I don't
have access to a board that uses this driver.
Doug Anderson (2):
i2c-core: dt: Pick i2c bus number from i2c alias if present
i2c: pxa: Use i2c-core to get bus number now
drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-pxa.c | 20 ++++++++--------
drivers/i2c/i2c-core.c | 54 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
2 files changed, 49 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel