Porting 3.8-rc4-nohz3 to ARM (PandaBoard)

Geoff Levand geoff at infradead.org
Fri Feb 8 12:04:19 EST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, 2013-02-08 at 17:31 +0100, Frederic Weisbecker wrote:
> 2013/2/4 Mats Liljegren <mats.liljegren at enea.com>:
> > I want to port dynticks patches 3.8-rc4-nohz3 to ARM architecture, and try it out on the PandaBoard. Initially this is for evaluating it, but if it looks promising I'd like to upstream this.
>
> Yeah two people have been working on this. But it was several month
> ago and I haven't hear from them since then. I'm adding Geoff in Cc. I
> can't retrieve the other guy who has worked on it too.

I haven't kept the patches up to date, but what I have is here:

  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/geoff/nohz.git

I have some Panda specific debugging patches in there too.  The
last version that worked OK with Panda was cpuset-v3-arm.  The
HEAD of the master branch had some problems at startup which I
never had a chance to fix.

-Geoff