OMAP baseline test results for v3.8-rc6

Paul Walmsley paul at pwsan.com
Fri Feb 8 08:13:17 EST 2013

Hi Vaibhav,

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013, Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:

> Sorry for not following up on this for long, I have tested v3.8-rc6
> (with latest u-boot)on both BeageBone platoforms and I have pasted the logs
> below as well for reference.
>

> Paul,
> I have used your MLO & u-boot.img images and tried at my end, and as
> expected it didn't boot for me. I debugged it further and found that your
> u-boot doesn't enable support for FDT and that's is the reason it fails to
> boot.

This MLO & u-boot.img is the one that TI originally shipped on the
BeagleBone that I received, and it worked fine with an appended DTB on
v3.7-rc8:

http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.7-rc8/20121204220128/boot/am335xbone/am335xbone_log.txt

So what I'd like to know is why it doesn't work with >= v3.8-rc1
with an appended DTB:

http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.8-rc1/20121228031713/boot/am335xbone/am335xbone_log.txt

The point is to try to minimize bootloader dependencies.

Haven't had the chance to try Felipe's suggestion yet re fdt_high.

Also, this is using BeagleBone whites here.

- Paul