[RFC] arm: use built-in byte swap function

Woodhouse, David david.woodhouse at intel.com
Wed Feb 6 04:02:04 EST 2013

On Tue, 2013-02-05 at 21:04 -0600, Kim Phillips wrote:
> gcc -Os emits calls to __bswapsi2 on those platforms to save space
> because they don't have the single rev byte swap instruction.

Is that the right thing for GCC to do in that situation?

If so, perhaps we should be *providing* __bswap[sd]i2 functions for it
to use?

If not, perhaps there should be a PR filed?

Or is our use case justifiably different to the general case of '-Os'?
If so, why?

--
                   Sent with MeeGo's ActiveSync support.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation