sg_is_chain() call in coh901318_lli_fill_sg()

Bart Van Assche bvanassche at acm.org
Mon Feb 4 06:33:13 EST 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to understand how coh901318_lli_fill_sg() works by studying
the source code of that function. In that function I found the following
code:

	for_each_sg(sgl, sg, nents, i) {
		if (sg_is_chain(sg)) {
			[ ... ]

Can anyone explain me why that construct makes sense ? As far as I can
see in lib/scatterlist.c sg_next() ensures that the for_each_sg() skips
those elements for which sg_is_chain(sg) == true. Does that mean that
sg_is_chain(sg) always evaluates to false in the above loop ?

Thanks,

Bart.