Cortex A9 Private Timer

Drasko DRASKOVIC drasko.draskovic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 11:14:17 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I was wondering is it possible to use ARM Cortex A9 private timer to
provoke interrupt due the timeout (use it as an alarm).

I have been looking in  Cortex-A9 MPCore doc, and have seen that it is
routed to IRQ29.

In arch/arm/mach-vexpress/include/mach/irqs.h I can see IRQ_LOCALTIMER
defined, but I do not see it used anywhere. Is there some example of
this timer usage I can look at and see what have to be done to set up
this timer and associate irq, so that it is triggered each time the
timer expires.

BR,
Drasko