[GIT PULL] OMAPDSS: use new display drivers

Tomi Valkeinen tomi.valkeinen at ti.com
Thu Aug 29 02:58:10 EDT 2013

On 29/08/13 09:35, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen at ti.com> [130828 23:33]:
>> On 29/08/13 09:19, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>>> * Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen at ti.com> [130828 00:59]:

>>> I suggest you keep this branch immutable in case it need to be merged to arm-soc
>>> tree, and merge it yourself along with the DSS patches. That way you
>>
>> I do feel a bit uneasy with merging lots of arch changes via fbdev tree,
>> but yes, I guess I can do that. Is that an "ack" from you for all the
>> patches? If I do merge it via fbdev, I want to have at least acked-by in
>> the commits. If that was an ack, I'll add them, but it means I need to
>> update the branch.
>
> I would not start messing with the patches at this point to add acks
> as then your branch is no longer immutable. If you prefer, then it's
> best that Kevin and Olof merge take this pull request directly.

Well, the branch was just created yesterday anyway, as I rebased on -rc6
as you requested.

I created a new branch with acks, 3.12/linux-omap-acked. I'll keep the
old branch in place.

>>> don't have a dependency to arm-soc for removal of the old drivers.
>>
>> The dependency is run-time dependency, so the removal series does not
>> need to be based on this. As long as this series is merged first, things
>> should work.
>
> OK, that's good. The only issue is that we're pretty much out of time
> right now for v3.12 merge window.

Yep. Well, maybe it's easier if I try to merge this via fbdev. The
problem there is that the fbdev maintainer has been inactive more or
less for the whole summer, so how the pull requests will be managed is a
bit unclear. But my guess is that I will be handling fbdev, which makes
merging this series via fbdev easier.

 Tomi