[GIT PULL] ARM: TC2: CPU idle big.LITTLE driver

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Wed Aug 28 14:36:24 EDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 10:08:48AM +0100, Lorenzo Pieralisi wrote:
> Hi Olof, Kevin,
>
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 04:34:22PM +0100, Lorenzo Pieralisi wrote:
> > Hi Olof, Kevin,
> >
> > please pull this patch series that provides a CPU idle driver for the vexpress
> > TC2 testchip, and it is a stepping stone towards an ARM unified CPU idle driver
> > based on the MCPM framework.
> >
> > Series is based against this pull request from Pawel which is a strict
> > dependency and they must be merged in order:
> >
> > http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2013-August/190067.html
>
> May I ask you please the status of this pull request ? It is to know if
> it is ok as it is or I have to do something on my side, thanks.

This needed a rebase on top of the latest version of the mcpm backend branch,
since it's based on an older version.

I also don't see an ack from any of the cpuidle maintainers, if you want to
take it through arm-soc you need to get them to ack it for that purpose. I see
that you got an informal "It sounds good to me" in
http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg266442.html, but please be diligent
in collecting these in the future.

So, I've essentially applied the topmost 3 patches in a new branch that's based
on our version of vexpress/mcpm, and merged that in.

-Olof