[RFC 17/17] clk: zynq: remove call to of_clk_init

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Mon Aug 26 11:14:25 EDT 2013

On 08/26/2013 02:53 PM, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
> On 08/26/13 14:07, Steffen Trumtrar wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 01:15:11PM +0200, Michal Simek wrote:
>>> I agree with Soren - let's fix the current problem and then when Steffen has patches with syscon
>>> we can look at them.
>>>
>>> If there is any discussion about early syscon registration please let me know.
>>>

>> Where I'm stuck at the moment is: if I map the whole register space to the
>> parent node, how do I get its mapped address in the clkc?
>
> Steffen,
>
> if slcr is such an essential part of the SoC, you can choose to provide
> zynq_slcr_readl/writel callbacks. You can then use those callback in the
> clock driver without knowing the base address. Also, it allows you to
> hide slcr specific locking details from subsequent drivers using the
> callbacks.

I don't think this will help. What you need to call in the clk driver is
regmap_read/regmap_write but you can call it when syscon/regmap driver
is initialized.

Steffen: Can you point me to that floading patches? If they are useful
we can try them and help with pushing them to the mainline.
I don't think that there is any reasonable solution without using these
patches.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854