[GIT PULL 2/5] ARM: imx: soc changes for 3.12

Kevin Hilman khilman at linaro.org
Fri Aug 23 12:47:44 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 3:11 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 06:54:35AM -0700, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>> This patch causes a conflict with Russell's DEBUG_LL cleanup, which is
>> already in linux-next.
>>
>> For v3.12, I suggest you drop this patch and rework your new DEBUG_LL
>> support on top of Russell's cleanup.  Have a look at that and see if you
>> can reuse the the generic 8250 stuff added by Russell.  While there, you
>> might look at imx.S as well.
>
> I'm not sure why you think imx.S may be able to use the generic 8250
> stuff,

Only because I was lazy and didn't actually look.  I just suggested he
take a look.

> I did convert everything which I considered convertable at the time.

OK, good. I didn't realize you did all the conversions.  I thought you
did a few to set the example and wanted others to finish converting.

Thanks for the cleanup,

Kevin