[PATCH v6 0/4] i2c-mv64xxx: Fixes and new feature for controlers embedded in Aramda XP
gregory.clement at free-electrons.com
Thu Aug 22 10:18:33 EDT 2013
In this version I took in account all the remarks from Wolfram, see
the changelog for the details.
This patch set adds support for the I2C Transaction Generator which
offloads CPU from managing I2C transfer step by step. This feature is
currently only available on the I2C controller IP embedded in the
Armada XP SoC.
This series also contains a real fix for the I2C controller of the
Armada XP SoC.
The first two patches modify the driver itself and should go through
The last patches updates the device tree to be able to use this new
"ARM: dts: mvebu: Introduce a new compatible string for mv64xxx-i2c"
should go through i2c subsystems with an acked-by from the device tree
"ARM: dts: mvebu: Update with the new compatible string for
mv64xxx-i2c" should go through mvebu subsystems (and then arm-soc)
with an acked-by from the device tree maintainers.
Although Mark Rutland agreed with this binding:
I would like to have a formal Acked-by
- Fix the return value of mv64xxx_i2c_offload_msg(): '-EINVAL'
instead of '1'
- Replace the copy loop by a memcpy and a call to cpu_to_le32 to be
compatible with a BE kernel.
- Don't write in the TX register if we are only reading (I2C_M_RD)
- Get the data from the register inside the
mv64xxx_i2c_update_offload_data function instead of receiving them
- Use false instead of 0 for the boolean variable offload_enabled
- Split the dts patch in 2 part. One for the arm-soc subsystem and one
for the i2c subsystem.
- handle of the "marvell,mv78230-i2" string as a single compatible
string. Even it is strongly discouraged to use "marvell,
mv78230-i2" alone, it is better to be able to handle it.
- reverse the order of the compatible strings, with the most
- rebased on 3.11-rc1
- Introduces a new compatible string mv78230-i2c which will be used
for the fix and for the offload feature which are only present on
the Armada XP SoCs
- Removes the unneeded spin_lock_irqsave pointed by Russell King
- The offload mechanism is now port of the fsm and handle the
- The flag bridge-enabled is renamed to offload_enabled, but the
register name stills contains the BRIDGE word to match the
- Uses writel_relaxed on the place pointed by Russell King
- Uses the bool type for the flag (pointed by Thomas Petazzoni)
- Removes useless code (pointed by Thomas Petazzoni)
- Updates the bindings documentation
- Move the flag for the timing issue from global scope to per device
- Assignment is no more done in if condition
Gregory CLEMENT (4):
i2c-mv64xxx: Add I2C Transaction Generator support
i2c-mv64xxx: Fix timing issue on Armada XP (errata FE-8471889)
ARM: dts: mvebu: Introduce a new compatible string for mv64xxx-i2c
ARM: dts: mvebu: Update with the new compatible string for mv64xxx-i2c
.../devicetree/bindings/i2c/i2c-mv64xxx.txt | 11 ++
arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-xp.dtsi | 2 -
arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370.dtsi | 8 +
arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp.dtsi | 10 +
drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-mv64xxx.c | 202 ++++++++++++++++++++-
5 files changed, 221 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel