[RFC v1 5/5] ARM: mvebu: add board init for Armada 1500

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sat Aug 17 15:12:30 EDT 2013

On Friday 16 August 2013, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
> +config MACH_ARMADA_1500
> +       bool "Marvell Armada 1500 boards"
> +       select ARMADA_1500_CLK
> +       select ARM_GIC
> +       select CACHE_L2X0
> +       select CPU_PJ4B
> +       select DW_APB_TIMER_OF
> +       select LOCAL_TIMERS if SMP
> +       select HAVE_ARM_TWD if LOCAL_TIMERS
> +       select HAVE_SMP
> +       select PINCTRL_ARMADA_1500

Hmm, I also noticed that this enables support for both the Cortex-A9
(using GIC and L2X0) and the PJ4 based variants of Armada 1500. I
wonder if we should have separate options for the two. E.g. if you
want to build a kernel for the Chromecast, there would be no need to
enabled PJ4 support.

I have not been able to find out which core is used in most of the
production Google TV boxes.

	Arnd