[ARM ATTEND] Clock DT bindings

Saravana Kannan skannan at codeaurora.org
Thu Aug 15 23:07:52 EDT 2013

You asked for specific topics. So, here's one:

Clock DT bindings discussion on:
* Allowing producers to export clocks by names.
* Allowing consumers to list clocks by "producer phandle, clock name".
* Should we allow for -clock magic similar to regulators?
* Should the entire clock tree be represented in DT.

I would like to attend the ARM summit to represent the needs of SoCs
with complicated clocking HW. I have worked on clocks for about 5 years
(since MSM started running Linux) and would like to throw in my opinion
on what clock DT bindings would work well, why and help come up with a
solution that works well for everyone.

Thanks,
Saravana

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
hosted by The Linux Foundation