[GIT PULL] DT/core: cpu_ofnode updates for v3.12

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Aug 14 07:37:07 EDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-14 at 11:01 +0100, Sudeep KarkadaNagesha wrote:
> Yes this doesn't cover the historical "ibm,ppc-interrupt-server#s",
> for
> which we can have PPC specific wrapper above the generic one i.e. get
> the cpu node and then parse for thread id under custom property.

A wrapper is wrong. I don't want to have to have all ppc callers to use
a different function.

As I said, just make a generic one that returns a thread ID, ie, same
signature as the powerpc one. Make it weak, we can override it in
powerpc-land, or we can move the ibm,ppc-interrupt-server#s handling
into the generic one, it won't hurt, but leave the thread_id return
there, it doesn't hurt it will come in handy in a few cases without
causing code duplication.

Cheers,
Ben.