Kexec: BE kernel on ARM VE TC2

Vijay Kilari vijay.kilari at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 01:46:35 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 4:22 AM, Nicolas Pitre <nico at fluxnic.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Aug 2013, Will Deacon wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 01:12:17PM +0100, Vijay Kilari wrote:
>> > Hi Will,
>> >
>> > I am trying to make kexec work on BE kernel on ARM VE TC2.
>> >
>> > First, to make KEXEC work with SMP on ARM VE TC2 board,
>> > I set nr_cpus=2 (i.e boot only A15's) this works with LE kernel.
>>
>> Interesting, is this with a mainline kernel? I don't see how SMP kexec can
>> work on TC2 without additional patches to park the secondary cores safely.
>
> BTW those patches are available in linux-next at the moment.

Thanks for this info.
I see that MCPM, TC2_PM & SPC configuration needs to be enabled to have
TC2 power management. However MCPM also depends on CCI configuration
to register smps ops.
In my config, I dont have CCI config enabled

Can you please suggest right configuration to be enabled and also dts
configuration
for SPC, CCI to enable TC2 power mgmt.

Also I am using u-boot. Do I need to use UEFI/firmware to enable TC2 power mgmt?
I remember, some time back, I have tried linaro tracking git and
failed to boot my board