dw_mmc: Does anyone use multiple slots?

Seungwon Jeon tgih.jun at samsung.com
Thu Aug 8 23:18:07 EDT 2013

On Fri, August 09, 2013, Chris Ball wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 09 2013, Olof Johansson wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Doug Anderson <dianders at google.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I guess my overall question is: if there are no actual implementations
> >> of multislot, shouldn't we kill it and simplify the code a whole lot?
> >> If someone out there has a real multislot device they can step back in
> >> and do it more correctly?
> >>
> >> Of course we need to find someone to actually go through and do the
> >> killing of multislot, but finding that person might be easier if there
> >> was some agreement that it was good to do.
> >
> > There clearly seems to be no in-tree users of multislot. If someone
> > new comes in, we have the code in the history and can revert the
> > removal (or at least use it as reference for re-introduction).
> >
> > I vote for removing it. It adds really annoying complexity for
> > something that nobody uses.
>
> I agree with Olof, for what it's worth.  (The maintainers of the
> driver are Jaehoon and Seungwon, though.)

I feel like there is no actual use case for that though origin Synopsys IP supports.
Multi-slot  might be not useful in terms of performance because shared bus should be allowed.
(At least this is the way I see it, though)
As Exynos's host does so, other hosts which are introduced in Linux seems use one card per host.
If it's really not found now, I could agree on this topic.

Thanks,
Seungwon Jeon