[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ARM ATTEND] Interested in R/M-class (!MMU), automated testing

Jonathan Austin jonathan.austin at arm.com
Thu Aug 8 06:22:54 EDT 2013

On 05/08/13 18:58, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-08-05 at 11:08 +0100, Jonathan Austin wrote:
>
>> So that seems to be at least three separate approaches. Further, I took a
>> look recently at the ktest.pl script, which looked handy but not so
>> targetted at the ARM world, where you care about testing the same thing on
>> a wide array of platforms, might want an NFS root file-system, etc.
>
> As the maintainer of ktest.pl, I would be very interested in working
> with you to make it easier to handle your requirements. This was the
> purpose of ktest.pl in the first place :-)

Thanks very much - I don't know if I'm the only one that's looked at
ktest, but hopefully some of the others that already have fuller systems
also have thoughts on this. I'll be sure to have a more thorough look at
how this might work beforehand, so that if I am at the summit I can have
some more input.

> I'll happily attend any of the ARM sessions that talk about testing.

Olof, perhaps your idea of sharing what you've recently set up could
form the core of a session? From your other email it looks like that
system is already being quite useful...

Jonny