[PATCH V3 0/3] Add audio support on smdk5420
padma.v at samsung.com
Wed Aug 7 04:45:19 EDT 2013
Samsung has different versions of I2S introduced in different
platforms. Each version has some new support added for multichannel,
secondary fifo, s/w reset control, internal mux for rclk src clk and
tdm support. Each newly added change has a quirk. So this patch adds
all the required quirks as driver data and based on compatible string
from dtsi fetches the quirks. This also adds i2s support on exynos5420.
Changes since V2:
- Seperated out driver side changes and dts changes in two
- Replaced samsung,s3c6410-i2s-v4 with samsung,s3c6410-i2s-multi
for more clarity as suggested by Tomasz Figa.
Changes since V1:
- Pass quirks as driver data and fetch the quirks based on
compatible string from dtsi file as suggested by
Tomasz Figa and Mark Brown
- Make the I2S driver more flexible with respect to register
access as suggested by Tomasz Figa and Mark Brown
- Add 5420 support in the driver.
- Modify the dtsi files with the corresponding compatible
strings and removed the i2s quirks from 5250 dtsi file.
- Updated the i2s Documentation with relevent changes and
i2s versioning info.
- Add i2s nodes on exynos5420.dtsi
- Enable sound support on smdk5420
This patch set is made based on Mark Brown for-next branch on sound.git.
Padmavathi Venna (3):
platform: Increase platform name size
ASoC: Samsung: I2S: Add quirks as driver data in I2S
ASoC: Samsung: I2S: Modify the I2S driver to support I2S on
.../devicetree/bindings/sound/samsung-i2s.txt | 25 ++--
include/linux/mod_devicetable.h | 2 +-
include/linux/platform_data/asoc-s3c.h | 1 +
sound/soc/samsung/i2s-regs.h | 15 ++
sound/soc/samsung/i2s.c | 163 +++++++++++++++-----
5 files changed, 158 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel