[ARM ATTEND] Interested in R/M-class (!MMU), automated testing

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Tue Aug 6 20:28:57 EDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Aaro Koskinen <aaro.koskinen at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 11:49:03PM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:

>> > That's pretty interesting; we have a test farm at PTX, but it mainly
>> > does nightly build + boot tests on mainline, for systems we care of.
>>
>> I have a small (but growing) farm of boards here that I do some (so
>> far) limited boot testing, but I do it a few times a day on mainline,
>> and nightly on linux-next and arm-soc for-next branches.
>
> How successful is your testing? Any statistics how many pull requests
> or patches you can shoot down or revert (or ask to be redone) before
> they hit mainline?

This is a pretty new thing, I used to do it manually a few times as
week but the fully automated setup has only been online for about a
month. So data is pretty limited so far.

I've been able to catch quite a few things pretty quickly though. A
few boot issues in -next, and Russell's security fixes for -rc4 showed
up quickly so he could do a quick follow-up fix. I've also been
weeding out warnings from the defconfig builds so that new issues are
quicker to spot.

There's a current build breakage on linux-next for bcm2835_defconfig
and mxs_defconfig that needs looking at, btw. :)

-Olof