Build breakage due to latest ARM fixes

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sun Aug 4 14:20:21 EDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 5:53 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 01:07:31AM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
>> I'll look into that.  Obviously, I never build nommu because it isn't
>> part of the build system and the nommu platform I do have - OKI67001 -
>> doesn't have mainline kernel support.  (And if it did, it would not be
>> DT, so I doubt it's submittable.)
>
> Okay, what I'm going to do is push the OKI67001 stuff into mainline
> irrespective of DT or not, so that I can then add noMMU build _and_
> boot tests to my build system, which should ensure that problems
> like that get detected before they're pushed upstream.

That seems like a step backwards. How have !MMU changes been handled
until now? Someone external has been relied on for testing?

> If people want me to care about noMMU, that's what has to happen
> because I have no other noMMU platform - if not, people can put up with
> noMMU breaking from time to time.

It seems that qemu has a couple of the stellaris platforms supported,
but as usual I suspect they can't be relied on to actually work.

-Olof