NSA310 + DT

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Aug 2 04:46:50 EDT 2013

Dear Finn Hoffmann,

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:35:37 +0200, Finn Hoffmann wrote:

> I just came across one thing. Is it ok that I have different Marvell
> device with patched 3.11.0-rc3?
> With 3.10.2 it has pci id 11ab:6281, with 3.11.0-rc3 and your patch it
> has 11ab:7846.

Yes, this is expected. 3.11-rc uses a completely new PCI driver for
Marvell platforms, that has a proper Device Tree binding. This driver
uses a very different strategy than the old driver in terms of MBus
window configuration, and to achieve this it relies on an emulated
PCI-to-PCI bridge. The numbers you're seeing are the one of the
emulated PCI-to-PCI bridge.

And the patch I've done fixes this PCI-to-PCI bridge emulation. BTW,
I've officially submitted the patch, which has been taken by the PCI
maintainer and will be part of one of the next 3.11-rc, and therefore
of the final 3.11. I mentioned you as Reported-by and thought git
send-email would automatically Cc you on the patch, but it did not.

Thanks again for your report!

Best regards,

Thomas
--