[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ARM ATTEND] catching up on exploit mitigations

Vince Weaver vince at deater.net
Thu Aug 1 12:02:06 EDT 2013

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Dave Jones wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 07:47:30PM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:
>  > How long would a useful run of trinity take?
>
> It blew up in a minute or so of runtime when I tried last week.

I also have a chromebook running 3.4 and it is trivially easy to crash it
with some simple perf_event tests I have (not the fuzzer, but just the
regular validation tests that test counter overflow).

Like Dave, I didn't bother reporting the problem because I figured 3.4 was
too old for anyone to care about and it was a struggle getting any
distro/kernel installed at all on the system let alone trying to boot
something close to current mainline on it.

Vince