gpio-pxa initcall level change and machine init breakage

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Fri Apr 26 13:48:12 EDT 2013

Linus Walleij <linus.walleij at linaro.org> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Robert Jarzmik <robert.jarzmik at free.fr> wrote:
> This was done by pull request to Torvalds yesterday ...
Thanks, that's a relief.

>>  (b) inform board maintainers that they must fix their board code (for example
>>  give them 1 window)
>>  (c) put back the patch. Board maintainers who did not amend their board
>>  code cannot say anymore they didn't know it. Board maintainers will also have
>>  time to rise objections if they think they cannot change their board code
>>  (which I do not believe is possible, but who knows ...)
>
> So when it comes to the PXA there is maybe this list of things that
> would be nice to change, and this is likely on top of it ... moving the
> PXA machines over to device tree would be more important if people
> who like them want them so stay around, because non-device tree
> platforms will at some point become deprecated, and fixing the platforms
> to support device tree will inevitably lead to this problem being fixed
> as well.
Yeah, probably. That's a good long term goal too.
Now you reverted, I'm under pressure to fix mioa701 to get rid of gpio calls in
its board setup code :)

As for device tree conversion, well that's another story.
For my case for example I'll have to redevelop the bootloader (IPL+SPL) in order
for suspend to RAM to work ... no world is perfecgt.

Cheers.

--
Robert