Multiple issues with omap4 panda es in linux next

Kevin Hilman khilman at linaro.org
Thu Apr 25 09:58:19 EDT 2013

Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> writes:

> * Santosh Shilimkar <santosh.shilimkar at ti.com> [130419 10:56]:
>> On Friday 19 April 2013 11:14 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>> > * Santosh Shilimkar <santosh.shilimkar at ti.com> [130419 10:43]:

>> > OK thanks. I think Paul picked some of those and the plan was
>> > to update the branch? Which one(s) should go into v3.10 as fixes?
>> >
>> Main in that series was to handle driver sysc handling withing hwmod
>> layer and that is where the series got stuck [2]. Without that support
>> other patches won't fix the issue.
>
> OK it seems that that is still ongoing discussion. For v3.10 we should
> probably just disable PM for omap4 for DT booting so people can use
> it for DT related development.

Disabling PM (and even avoiding WFI using 'nohlt') will not fix this
problem, since it's related to the idle-mode of the IP block itself.

What fixes the problem is the series from Santosh for the SYSC removal.

Santosh, it seems that series combined a fix for this problem with some
cleanup of the hwmod code that Paul had some concerns with.  Is there
any chance you can split up that series into a fix targetted at the
DT-boot UART problem and a feature cleanup for hwmod?

Then we hopefully get this fix into v3.10-rc and work on the hwmod
changes/cleanup for the following merge window.

Kevin