No subject

Viral Mehta viral.vkm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 14:07:15 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am using Marvell's ARMADA XP platform in my development environment.

Recently, I faced DMA related issue. While moving data from memory to
the device, I  found that sometimes I am getting Junk data. I looked
further to see if this is related to DMA Sync problem. So, basically,
I have following questions,

1. As per [1] ARMADA has Coherency Fabric that sits between CPU and
other devices and takes care of hardware based I/O cache coherency. Do
we need to enable any support for the same in software ? I am running
3.0.29 based linux kernel. How do I verify that I have all the things
enabled in Linux Kernel.

2. Do I still need to use dma_[map,unamp]_* APIs while copying data to
and from device ?

[1] http://www.marvell.com/embedded-processors/armada-xp/assets/Marvell-ArmadaXP-SoC-product%20brief.pdf

--
Thanks,