Exynos regressions w.r.t. config and debuggability due to multiplatform

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Tue Apr 23 23:34:32 EDT 2013

Arnd,

I think we should hold off on multiplatform for exynos until it works
better, i.e. 3.11.

First, the defconfig we have in our out-of-tree build system now
builds a broken kernel since it doesn't set ARCH_EXYNOS_SINGLE. As a
result, exynos gets turned off. It's quite awkward to switch between
pre- and post-multiplatform configs, which makes bisecting and other
error finding hard. I'm sure this will hit other downstream users too.

What's even more frustrating is that I can't turn on DEBUG_LL, since
serial drivers depend on PLAT_SAMSUNG, and that is no longer set.

Seems like we'll have a really broken 3.10 if we merge what we have
now. More bake time is definitely needed. :(

-Olof