linux-next ARM multi-platform randconfig errors

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Apr 19 16:11:13 EDT 2013

On Friday 19 April 2013, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> This might happen when no SoC selected. There was a patch posted
> by Arnd to always select 2420 if nothing else is selected as it's the
> most minimal one. But Russell did not like that, so probably the way
> to fix that would be to have bool OMAP_SOC and if not selected, don't
> even try to build anything. I'll take a look at that.

My patch was actually just necessary to avoid building a kernel with
no platforms selected at all, but we now have a patch that makes that
a working option.

I think all the bugs that Rob reported can be fixed individually.

Note that the "dss-common.c" part there might be a Red Herring, the symbols
are likely to be used from somewhere else than that file.

	Arnd