linux-next: manual merge of the arm-soc tree with the pm tree

Kukjin Kim kgene.kim at samsung.com
Fri Apr 19 06:59:57 EDT 2013

Olof Johansson wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 05:36:49PM +0900, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> > Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Today's linux-next merge of the arm-soc tree got a conflict in
> > > arch/arm/mach-s3c24xx/Kconfig between commit 785f40040874 ("cpufreq:
> > > s3c24xx: move cpufreq driver to drivers/cpufreq") from the pm tree and
> >
> > As I know, Rafael will drop it in his tree.
> > http://lists-archives.com/linux-kernel/27815851-cpufreq-s3c24xx-move-
> cpufreq
> > -driver-to-drivers-cpufreq.html
> >
> > > commits fb278af74b28 ("ARM: S3C24XX: Removed unneeded dependency on
> > > CPU_S3C2410") and a4e4d22c6f53 ("ARM: S3C24XX: Removed unneeded
> > > dependency on CPU_S3C2412") from the arm-soc tree.
> > >
> > > I fixed it up by removing the sections from arch/arm/mach-
> s3c24xx/Kconfig
> > > and can carry thefix as necessary (no action is required).
> > >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > > P.S. those arm-soc tree commits have a bad Author email address ...
> >
> > Oops :-( it's my fault due to e-mail client problem...
> >
> > Arnd, it happened in next/dt-exynos, next/mct-exynos and
> > next/cleanup-samsung branches in my tree.
> >
> > And I sorted out in my local just now. Could you please re-pull them
> into
> > arm-soc? Then, I will push forced. Sorry about that.
>
> Given that it's "just" formatting errors, I would prefer not repulling and
> rebuilding just because of it. For someone reading the information it's

Hmm...if possible, I'm still hoping, you could replace previous branches
which including 'wrong format' for author e-mail :-) But up to you.

> pretty
> obvious what the valid email address would be. Please try to be mindful of
> it

OK.

> in the future though (and we'll try to double-check these things too).

BTW, if you don't want to pull, I need to re-send for '[GIT PULL 4/4]
dt-exynos 2 for v3.10'...

But I'm not sure it's possible...

Anyway, sorry for noise.

- Kukjin