Query on pinctrl usage for DT nodes

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at ti.com
Tue Apr 16 03:18:22 EDT 2013

On 04/15/2013 06:40 PM, Stephen Warren wrote:
> So, the solution here is for pinctrl-single to create a separate
> pin/group object for each separately controllable entity, and that may
> be each bit in a register rather than each register, depending on HW.

Exactly what I was thinking.
It would be ideal if we could do this dynamically, so when a new
pinctr-single,bits is added we create a new object (after checking for
overlapping bits from previous objects).
If this is not possible we should have new property telling pinctrl-single how
many objects to create for one physical register (used only when
pinctrl-single,bit-per-mux is defined), something like:

pinctrl-single,bit-per-mux;
pinctrl-single,functions-per-register = <X>;

For sure we need to check here as well for overlaps in the bitfields...

--
Péter