[RFC v1] regulator: core: introduce regulator chain locking scheme

Andrii Tseglytskyi andrii.tseglytskyi at ti.com
Mon Apr 15 12:21:25 EDT 2013

Hi Mark,

On 04/15/2013 06:50 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
>> In addition, such locking scheme allows to have access to the supplier
>> regulator API from inside child's (consumer) regulator API.
> I've still not seen any use case articulated for doing this...
Use case is introduced in ABB series:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-omap@vger.kernel.org/msg88293.html

During voltage scaling we would like to have the following sequence:

cpufreq_cpu0

     |---> set_voltage(ABB)

                 |->set_voltage(AVS)

                         |-->set_voltage(smps123)

Where smps123 is a regulator, connected ot i2c bus. In this particular
case "regulator chain" guarantees proper order of calls of voltage
scaling sequence.

Regards,
Andrii