Removal of NWFPE in its entirety, and VFP emulation code

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Wed Apr 10 15:15:26 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 02:21:27PM +0100, Will Deacon wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:40:02AM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > I have just committed a patch to remove the arch/arm/nwfpe code from
> > the kernel, and the VFP code emulating the FP operations.
>
> [...]
>
> I just had a play with your for-next branch, and noticed a couple of issues
> arising from this:
>
> 	1. Removing vfpinstr.h leads to a couple of build failures, as it is
> 	   still included by arch/arm/kvm/coproc.c (for fmrx, which we should
> 	   continue to provide) and arch/arm/vfp/vfpmodule.c (similarly, but
> 	   also fmxr).

Grr, this is why relative include paths are bad news.  It breaks the
localisation of includes.  Okay, I'll add that include back, even
though nothing in arch/arm/vfp will be using it.

I'll leave everything else though... the functions in vfp.h will take
too much time to work out what's required and what isn't, and I don't
have the available bandwidth before I go away to work out what functions
are used and what aren't.