[GIT PULL] dt: run C pre-processor on *.dts, create some standard headers

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Fri Apr 5 14:46:50 EDT 2013

Rob, it might be worth keeping this in a separate branch in linux-next
so you can pull it out if it causes any issues. I've been using these
patches for quite a while now, but there's always opportunity for
surprises on architectures I don't use. I did just fix a bug when
building with O= a few days back, hence the V2 that I posted as patches.

This branch enhances the support for running dtc on device tree files.

A dedicated directory is created for header files that provide constants
for device-tree bindings.

The kbuild dependency script processor is enhanced to support processing
the dependency outputs from multiple separate commands at once.

The kbuild dtc rule is modified so that the C pre-processor is always
applied when compiling any device tree.

Some standard headers are created which define common constants for GPIO,
IRQ, and ARM GIC device tree bindings.

The following changes since commit 6dbe51c251a327e012439c4772097a13df43c5b8:

  Linux 3.9-rc1

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/swarren/linux-tegra.git tegra-for-3.10-dtc-cpp-chroot-std-headers

for you to fetch changes up to 4be505d4fc7a07371a2b658469ca1dda99993ca3:

  ARM: dt: create a DT header for the GIC

Stephen Warren (7):
      kbuild: create an "include chroot" for DT bindings
      kbuild: fixdep: support concatenated dep files
      kbuild: cmd_dtc_cpp: extract deps from both gcc -E and dtc
      kbuild: always run gcc -E on *.dts, remove cmd_dtc_cpp
      ARM: dt: add header to define GPIO flags
      ARM: dt: add header to define IRQ flags
      ARM: dt: create a DT header for the GIC

 arch/arm/boot/dts/include/dt-bindings           |    1 +
 include/dt-bindings/gpio/gpio.h                 |   15 +++
 .../dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/arm-gic.h  |   22 +++++
 include/dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/irq.h  |   19 ++++
 scripts/Makefile.lib                            |   17 ++--
 scripts/basic/fixdep.c                          |   93 ++++++++++++------
 create mode 120000 arch/arm/boot/dts/include/dt-bindings
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/gpio/gpio.h
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/arm-gic.h
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/irq.h