[GIT PULL] Multi Cluster Power Management infrastructure

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Apr 5 05:41:59 EDT 2013

Right, you force my hand.  None of the stuff below should be public, but
you give me no choice now but to publically defend myself against your
allegations.

The reason that I haven't merged it is that:

1. At the beginning of December, when the TI situation looked very
   uncertain, I approached Linaro to see whether it was possible to
   sort out a relationship with them.  Linaro were enthusiastic.

2. It took weeks for anything to really happen - indeed, the first
   sign of any kind of idea for any work was first mentioned at the
   beginning of January, the day that Nicolas posted these patches
   for review.  The work was going to be to review these patches.

3. As that was going to be the subject of the work, and there was no
   arrangement in place, I actively avoided reviewing these changes.

4. Along with this came the provision that I was to attend two Linaro
   connects a year.

5. It turns out that this provision was made based on rumour and gossip
   about my medical situation concerning my eye, based on travel that I
   had done last year.  Rather than *talk* to me and find out what the
   real situation was, Linaro decided to have internal discussions about
   this, based on this rumour and gossip.

6. It took a week or more to sort out that situation, which should never
   have arrisen if people didn't gossip and rumour.

7. The work (2) has now been withdrawn, and I'm now being left with being
   told "we have problems working out what work to give you".

So at this point, I view any kind of relationship with Linaro as being a
extremely poor, and probably no longer worth persuing - not because of
any fault of mine, but a total wreckage of our relationship due to bad
management behaviour within Linaro based on rumour and gossip.

Hence, I have never gone back and reviewed the patches Nicolas is
referring to, because I've *NO* idea what so ever what's going on with
Linaro.  If they can't think of anything they want me to work on, and
this stuff is still outstanding then... well... what hope is there?

Now, I'm currently on holiday.  I'm going to be on holday until after
mid-April.  I'm not pulling anything until then.  I'm not applying anything
until then.  I'm not even reading this mailbox - and given current mail
rates at 300-400 messages per day, I will *not* be reading back over a
fortnights worth of email.

The only reason I'm trying to this is because Will Deacon pointed it out
to me via IRC.

So, in summary, this situation has been created by Linaro *themselves*
and it's all their problem.  They can sort it out if they want to be
cooperative and give me the work that they were originally proposing.
If not... I'm not sure where we go.

But all that I get from you is "you must pull this stuff anyway, whether
you've reviewed it or not".  Sorry, no.