rmk back but still recovering (was Re: Reminder - rmk still on vacation)

S, Venkatraman svenkatr at ti.com
Mon Jul 30 01:51:36 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Shilimkar, Santosh
<santosh.shilimkar at ti.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
> <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 06:08:13PM +0200, Shilimkar, Santosh wrote:

>>> Well the only pending discussion was enabling the CONFIG option for
>>> DMA at driver level SOC config level. Not sure if there was anything else
>>> on this really.
>>
>> Why?  The DMA driver itself is optional.
> That was Tony's point too. Unfortunately MMC and SPI driver don't work
> today without DMA. Some works needs to be done to support polling
> mode and am bit skeptical if it is really worth it. Same case be with other
> SDMA supported drivers mostly.

Russell, Tony,
  Can I request to include the DMA & MMC changes into this merge window ?
We have many cleanups and new patches waiting to be queued up for next (3.7)
merge window, and it'd be easier if they are implemented on top of the
DMA changes,
so that it gets tested together, and don't create merge conflicts.
  I am looking into implementing polling mode, which might take some time.
Regards,
Venkat