[GIT PULL] OMAP4 coupled CPUidle support for v3.6

Shilimkar, Santosh santosh.shilimkar at ti.com
Fri Jul 27 02:34:57 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 2:19 AM, Olof Johansson <olof at lixom.net> wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Kevin Hilman <khilman at ti.com> wrote:
>> Hi Arnd, Olof,
>>
>> I know it is late, but I'm really hoping this can still make it for
>> v3.6, so consider this a [GIT PLEA].  ;)
>
> New features submitted halfway through the merge window? Yeah, that's late.
>
> I'll pull it in as late2/pm once the below is fixed, but I won't
> promise we'll send it up.
>

>> Kevin Hilman (1):
>>       ARM: OMAP4: CPUidle: add synchronization for coupled idle states
>>
>> Santosh Shilimkar (3):
>>       ARM: OMAP: timer: allow gp timer clock-event to be used on both cpus
>>       ARM: OMAP4: CPUidle: Use coupled cpuidle states to implement SMP cpuidle.
>>       ARM: OMAP4: CPUidle: Open broadcast clock-event device.
>
> This looks odd, Colin was author to the first of the commits
> attributed to Santosh.

Not sure what you mean. These patches are written by me. Kevin, Collin helped
in review. If you are referring to the {ARM: OMAP: timer: allow gp
timer clock-event to be
used on both cpus} which does have SOB from me and Colin. The very first version
of this version I picked was from product tree in which it was
commited on Coiln's name.
Later I updated that forf the multi-omap and the new timer code and
hence the update
in Author.

Hope this clear.

Regards