[GIT PULL] at91: platform data for atmel-mci (for 3.5)

ludovic.desroches ludovic.desroches at atmel.com
Thu Jul 26 04:35:47 EDT 2012

Hi Arnd,

Le 07/25/2012 10:06 PM, Arnd Bergmann a écrit :
> On Thursday 31 May 2012, Nicolas Ferre wrote:
>>
>> On 05/24/2012 05:12 PM, Nicolas Ferre :
>>> Hi Arnd, hi Olof,
>>
>> Ping?
>>
>> (or maybe you will have a look at this after the merge window...)
>>

> I've just gone through all old pull requests that I had somewhere in
> my inbox and this turned out to be one that we never pulled.
>
> It looks like it still applies and we should send it to Linus as as
> late branch this time, given that we screwed up and it was there
> all the time.
>
> Nicolas, can you please confirm?

Nicolas is on vacation, he'll be back on week 32.

Nicolas and Olof discussed about this addition of ifdefs to manage the
two drivers. They agreed to remove platform data for the old driver.

It will be great to go ahead with this patch. I see three solutions:
- take the patch and we will do a new patch to remove old platform data
for 3.7 when at91-mci will be totally removed but it seems that Olof
doesn't like this solution.
- I can write a new patch to remove old platform data as planned by
Nicolas. If Jean-Christophe gives his acked-by, you could take it.
- wait Nicolas' return but it may be too late then we won't have the
smooth transition we wanted.

Regards

Ludovic