Corext A9 Errara 782773

Peter Fordham peter.fordham at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 16:47:36 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm reviewing the errata notices from ARM for the rev 3 Cortex-A9
which we are using in a design (14 Jun 2012 issue). I'm not sure
whether this item should be of concern. I see no mention of it in the
archive of this mailing list or in the kernel tree:

"782773: Updating a translation entry to move a page mapping might
erroneously cause an unexpected translation fault."

I think it may require a workaround in the cpu_v7_set_pte_ext
function. Has anyone else looked into this?

thanks,

-Pete Fordham