[GIT PULL] DaVinci DT support for v3.6

Sekhar Nori nsekhar at ti.com
Mon Jul 16 12:10:06 EDT 2012

Hi Arnd,

On 7/13/2012 10:14 PM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Friday 13 July 2012, Sekhar Nori wrote:
>> Hi Arnd, Olof,
>>
>> Can you please pull the following patch adding DT support for DaVinci
>> for v3.6?
>>
>> Sorry for the late request, I was waiting for an ack from either Grant
>> or Rob but looks like both are busy. Grant has reviewed earlier versions
>> of the patch.
>>
>> This pull request depends on DaVinci SoC updates pulled earlier.
>>

> Pulled, thanks!
>
> I'm a bit surprised to see DT support series for davinci when the platform
> doesn't support DT booting and the series doesn't add it, but I suppose
> you're still working on other parts.

Yes, the other parts are still being worked on.

>>From what I can tell, this is the second out of seven patches from Heiko,
> where the first one was part of the initial set. Are you planning to submit
> the others for 3.6 still, or is this for after the merge window?

Patches 4-6 of his series are driver patches. While I am
reviewing/testing and acking those patches, I will still be depending on
the driver maintainers to merge those through their trees. So after I am
done reviewing and testing, I am asking Heiko to post those as
independent patches copying the driver maintainers.

Patch 3 in his series adds aemif DT support. I want to take this along
with movement of AEMIF to drivers. There is ongoing work in OMAP world
in moving a similar peripheral (GPMC) to drivers/. I believe
drivers/memory is being looked at as a possible place. This movement
will not happen for this merge window.

The last patch in the series adds support for the board Heiko is working
on. I have not yet had a look at this patch. I will look into this only
for the next merge window.

Thanks,
Sekhar