mmc: mxs: DEADLOCK

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Jul 12 11:13:50 EDT 2012

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 22:39:53 +0800
Shawn Guo <shawn.guo at linaro.org> wrote:

> > I ran into the same problem today, but the proposed fix doesn't seem
> > to work for me:
> >
> It's a different problem from what Lauri reported and fixed.

Ok...

> I haven't
> played SDIO card that much, so I'm not completely clear about the SDIO
> calling sequence, but is it reasonable that mxs_mmc_enable_sdio_irq is
> being called recursively?

I don't know. I dont know the code at all and not how the sdio system
works. But a quick check shows, that mxs_mmc_enable_sdio_irq does not
call any other function (besides readel, writel) and hence cannot call itself.

For me it rather looks like that there seem to be two consequtive
irqs that get passed to sdio_irq_thread which then calls
mxs_mmc_enable_sdio_irq.

But with my limited knowledge i cannot check this theory.
Can anyone give me some hints how i could verify this?

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin