[Ksummit-2012-discuss] ARM mini-summit

Marc Zyngier marc.zyngier at arm.com
Wed Jul 11 17:16:09 EDT 2012

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:06:28 +0000, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:

>> > I would be interested in attending it as well. I believe Stefano has
>> > strong
>> > interest as well (since he and Ian Campbell are leading the Xen ARM
>> > work).
>>
>> And Stefano is out on vacation right now so I will serve as his phantom
>> voice
>> and say: "Yes, I am interested as well."
>
> Ok. So are you mostly interested in discussion ARM virtualization or
other
> topics
> as well? Last time we had organized this explicitly as the "ARM subarch
> maintainer
> summit" and we might again limit the participants to the subarch
> maintainers and
> a few more people if we're running out of space, but then again if a lot
> of them
> are interested in discussion virtualization, we should probably have you
> both and
> the ARM KVM people included as well.
>
> We haven't even started discussing an agenda, but I'll note down your
> names as
> candidates and Xen and/or KVM as proposed topics. I'll follow up with a
> more
> formal call for topics once I have a positive confirmation from James
and
> the
> linux-foundation that we can go ahead with the ARM mini-summit.

Putting on my KVM/ARM hacker hat this time: I'd be very glad to contribute
to the discussion. There is a number of ARM-specific topics that would be
interesting to discuss regarding KVM/ARM (mainlining the damn thing, common
hypercalls?, HYP mode booting), and probably a couple of other things.

Cheers,

        M.
--
Fast, cheap, reliable. Pick two.