IRQ and FIQ disabling during sleep states.

Peter De Schrijver pdeschrijver at nvidia.com
Wed Jul 11 08:30:20 EDT 2012

Hi,

I noticed several platforms exhibit different behaviour wrt disabling IRQ or
FIQ when entering a CPU idle state. Tegra for example disables both FIQ and
IRQ when entering CPU clockstop, but OMAP seems to only disable FIQs? Also
the generic cpuidle_wrap_enter() function, enables IRQs after return from
the idle state, but doesn't disable them.

Some questions:

1) I assume we need to disable IRQ/FIQ to not confuse the cpuidle code due to
   late interrupts?
2) What prevents us from unifying this?

Thanks,

Peter.