Move designware timer OF glue into drivers/clocksource

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jul 10 08:20:33 EDT 2012

Le Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:42:50 +0200,
Pavel Machek <pavel at denx.de> a écrit :

> It seems mach-socfpga (not yet in tree, we are trying to merge it)
> would need pretty much direct copy of arch/arm/mach-picoxcell/time.c
> ... And because "just copying" it seems like quite bad idea, what
> about this, instead?

Of course, the idea sounds good. A few comments:

 * Is a new file really needed? Wouldn't it be better to just add a
   device tree binding to the existing dw_apb_timer driver?

 * You're moving arch/arm/mach-picoxcell/time.c, but not updating any
   mach-picoxcell Makefile, so I presume this would break the build.

 * I'm not a big fan of the ../../../drivers/clocksource/...o in your
   Makefile. What about using an hidden kconfig option in
   drivers/clocksource/ that gets selected by your architecture, so
   that the driver gets build? This is typically done for a few other
   timer drivers in drivers/clocksource already.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons