Clock problems in i.MX27 Visstrim M10 (linux-3.5-rc5).

javier Martin javier.martin at vista-silicon.com
Wed Jul 4 07:30:39 EDT 2012

On 4 July 2012 13:26, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 4:48 AM, javier Martin
> <javier.martin at vista-silicon.com> wrote:
>
>> thanks for the patches. The first one solves the issue with the audio.
>> Now I can do an aplay properly too.
>
> Ok, great.
>
>> However, second patch for the mx2-camera seems that it's not right
>> yet. I get a timeout here:
>
> I see the same here too now. When I sent you the patches yesterday I
> did not have access to the board.
>
> Looking at the mx2_camera.c driver: wouldn't it make more sense to
> handle the emma resources (clocks, irqs, etc) outside of this driver?
> What about doing it in mx2_emmaprp.c instead?

mx2_emmaprp.c is a different driver for the same device. Its a mem2mem
driver that gets frames from memory in one video format and then
outputs frames in another video format. It hasn't got anything to do
with the mx2_camera.c apart from the fact they can't be used at the
same time since they share emma resources.

Regards.

--
Javier Martin
Vista Silicon S.L.