kernel boot stops with "zlib_deflate: version magic" , "zlib_inflate: version magic"

K K try2share at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 08:01:55 EDT 2012

Hi.

Thank you very much for your information.

> where the module was:
> 2. built with different module configuration options (your kernel supports
   module unloading, the 2.6.10 was built without that support.)

Yes, I built the modules in 2.6.32 ,i didn't include any of the module
objects, which were built for 2.6.10.

Actually, I have taken 2.6.32 vanilla kernel from kernel.org and added the
mach-lpc3180 directory in arch/arm/ directory for including LPC3180 machine
code. Then, I  build the 2.6.32 kernel uImage. Then, I have seen those
zlib_deflate and zlib_inflate version magic mismatch errors. After some
research, I have resolved these errors by selecting the MODULE VERSION
support option in the menuconfig.

Enable loadable module support  --->
      Module versioning support

After the above modifications, I didn't see any zlib mismatch errors or any
other errors. But,  I didn't get any login/command prompt yet. I am still
looking into this issue.

Could you please let me know, whether enabling the MODULE VERSIONING
SUPPORT to resolve ZLIB version magic mismatch errors is correct or not.

Regards,
KK